Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kandaswamyg
Helper I
Helper I

Option set field

Hello,

The below questions came from one of the practice test. Can you please help with the correct answer.

Q. Populate records in a Common Data Service entity containing an option set field 

The source system has the label for the option set but not the corresponding integer value

You are using a non .NET programming language.

You need to find the integer value for the option set.

What should you do? Radio Choice

1. Use the Organization service and execute a Retrieve OptionSet Request request.
  2. Use Web API and use an Insert Option Value action.
  3. Use Web API and use a PicklistAttributeMetadata request.
  4. Use the Organization service and execute a RetrieveAttributeRequest request.

2 REPLIES 2

I'd go with the WebAPI and PicklistAttributeMetadata, though this question is not as robust as it should be.

I expect that when it says 'You are using a non .NET programming language' it's trying to point you the Web API, though it is possible to use the Organization Service from .Net languages (though it's more work)

RetriveveOptionSet only works for global option sets, but the question doesn't specify either way, so you can't assume it's a global option set

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Users online (3,214)