cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of Database capacity / Log capacity

Hello everyone,

From time to time our admin receives emails with below errors however whenever we login to Power Platform admin center there isn't any details on what is causing this issue.

Note that we haven't created any database in Dataverse. We are only using Power BI (embedded data or external SQL server) and Office 365.

Has anyone faced such issue? What it actually means and can we ignore it?

Thanks!

Screenshot from the Portal

=================

Amit_Z_0-1628224227853.png

ERROR Details:

===========

You’re out of Database capacity

As of August 5, 2021 0:53 UTC, your tenant has used 100 percent of available Database storage capacity, having used 5.06GB of 1GB. Please act immediately to continue operating without disruptions.

• Your tenant, xxx, has used almost all the capacity for Microsoft Dataverse (formerly Common Data Service).

You’re out of Log capacity

As of August 5, 2021 0:53 UTC, your tenant has used 100 percent of available Log storage capacity, having used 11.49MB of 0MB. Please act immediately to continue operating without disruptions.

• Your tenant, xxx, has used almost all the capacity for Microsoft Dataverse (formerly Common Data Service).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,
Some of Power Platform features need Dataverse to function (e.g. Approval Flows, Environment Variables) so Power Platform will provision one in the background. If you haven't provisioned a database yourself, you can ignore those emails. Hopefully in the near feature Microsoft will be able to distinguish between a user created Dataverse and one for Power Platform features.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,
Some of Power Platform features need Dataverse to function (e.g. Approval Flows, Environment Variables) so Power Platform will provision one in the background. If you haven't provisioned a database yourself, you can ignore those emails. Hopefully in the near feature Microsoft will be able to distinguish between a user created Dataverse and one for Power Platform features.

Hope this helps!

On these emails, how do I "unsubscribe" a user from receiving these?  I can't for the life of me find what possible role a person is under who receives these and there is no easy "unsubscribe link in them.

@bdholmes under "Topic Options":

EricRegnier_0-1666844015217.png

@EricRegnier 

Hello.  I am looking for how a user can unsubscribe from the "Act now: Database capacity low—less than 15 percent available" (You’re running out of Database capacity) emails sent from "PowerPlat-noreply@microsoft.com".  I can't for the life of me figure out how to get someone to stop receiving them.  Thoughts?

Oh the only way I believe is to remove from global admin or Power Platform Admin roles in O365.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,275)