cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raj7474
Frequent Visitor

Owning Business Unit & Owning Team is always empty

I am trying to make the records to be owned by a team instead of user, I have created a Team and assigned a user to this team. The user does not have any role directly assigned. I have Created a Role and provided "Basic User" access and access to some custom entities. I had chosen "Direct User access Level and Team Privilege" for the role inheritance. I associated this role to the Team. However when the user creates a Contact, the Owner always shows as the user and not the team, but I want the team to be the owner of this record. Also I noticed that the Owning business Unit is always empty.

Any help regarding this will be much appreciated, thanks....

raj7474_0-1621860224533.png

7 REPLIES 7
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @raj7474 ,

First of all, you will not be able to view those data in Power Apps Portal. They would always be blank there no matter how you modify the actual data.

You could edit Owner via clicking the hyperlink of the owners to open a Dynamics Form page:

v-jefferni_0-1622019504428.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hi @v-jefferni ,

Thank you,

in that case, is there a way to identify whether a record is owned by a team or an user? 

Regards,

Raj

Hi @raj7474 ,

If you have assigned the record to a team, you will see the team name in Owner column. I am not quite sure about what's your scenario, could you please explain it further?

Best regards,

Hi @v-jefferni ,

I have developed a model driven app, It provides an option for the user to create new accounts (insert data into Account table). I am trying to make sure the new accounts created, is by default, owned by the team to which the user belongs. I am unable to achieve this, I tried, assigning the user (without any direct role or permission) to a team assigned relevant roles to the team. Still, whenever the user creates a new account the owner is displayed as the user and not the team. Am I missing anything?

Thanks.

Regards,

Raj

Hi @raj7474 ,

I don't think you could achieve your purpose (new account assign to a team by default). The reason is, a user could belong to quite a few teams. So, by default, a new record would belong/be assigned to the creator. Then if the creator would like to assign this newly added record to others (user or team), this could be achieved the goal in the Form.

Best regards,

raj7474
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-jefferni ,

I see... In my scenario, I am expecting that there can be frequent changes to the team and I don't want to  lose data owned by the user. i.e., the user can be moved across different teams regularly. In cases some users may be permanently deactivated. Can you suggest me any best practice to follow in such environment where the workforce is not constant.  

Basically what is the impact on the data if the user keeps shifting across different business units, (assuming they have "business unit" level access to the entity ) . I want to have the data available for other users even if the creator of the record moves to different team or permanently deactivated.

Any suggestions, thanks for your help.

Regards,

Raj

Hi @raj7474 ,

Creators should be able to assign the owner of the new records in model-driven apps.

v-jefferni_0-1622096913647.png

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (1,603)