Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JB0007
Helper V
Helper V

Patch Error - Invalid Argument(GUID)

Hi Power Apps community,

I am trying to update multiple records in Dataverse based on my collection.

I am using this code to update the Dataverse but I somewhat receives this error: "invalid argument type (guid). expecting a table value instead".

ForAll(colPOProducts, Patch(ITS_Order_Products,LookUp(ITS_Order_Products,PO_Merge_ID=PO_Merge_ID),{cr3e1_po_subtotal:cr3e1_po_subtotal,cr3e1_po_total:cr3e1_po_total,cr3e1_currency:cr3e1_currency,cr3e1_po_tax:cr3e1_po_tax,cr3e1_po_tax_amount:cr3e1_po_tax_amount));

Normally, the datasource (ITS_Order_Products) needs to be highlighted in th epatch function, but this time it is in normal colors.

4 REPLIES 4
07GT
Helper I
Helper I

I have the same issue. Did you figure it out?

No I didn't, what I did is I have the records in a gallery list so I insert a save button for each row to save the data manually.

Hope it helps.

07GT
Helper I
Helper I

Ok makes sense. I've got a couple hundred rows to patch, was hoping to avoid manual entry!

Thanks though. If I figure something out, I'll let you know.

deenchix

Change the Display name for the column that has "Unique identifier for entity instances" as the description in the table you are receiving the Invalid Argument(GUID) error. Refresh everything and should be solved. Worked for me at least.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,698)