cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Apps Dates

Hello,

I have an approval workflow that once approved the flow populates the response date into a field with in my model driven app. 

In the workflow I have the response date converted from UTC to cst 01/01/2020. 

However when the date gets to the field in Power Apps it displays 1 day behind.  I can see in the flow that the output is the correct date but the date doesn't populate correctly in the powerapps field. 

I have not found an answer to why this is working this way. Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks

Mel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I removed the covert in the flow and that didn't help it still showed wrong date. The field is set to user local. I was able to  fix the issue by doing the following.

All of my flows have an attribute filter.  So I set the date in the flow to be the modified date of that field. 

Thanks for you help

Mel

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mohsinkhalid
Resolver II
Resolver II

If the field you created to enter your date is a dateTime field and not a string then it will again be converted to UTC as the platform saves everything in UTC. I would recommend not converting it before saving and use conversion on when you want to view it. If you are viewing it in Dynamics then your selected time preference will automatically convert it to your timezone while displaying.

EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

Agree with @mohsinkhalid that suggest not to convert the dates before saving as dates are saved as UTC. Another thing to check that the date field behavior is configured as "User Local" and not TimeZone independent:

2020-10-10_14-12-20.png

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I removed the covert in the flow and that didn't help it still showed wrong date. The field is set to user local. I was able to  fix the issue by doing the following.

All of my flows have an attribute filter.  So I set the date in the flow to be the modified date of that field. 

Thanks for you help

Mel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (3,320)