Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VD
Helper III
Helper III

Power Apps License

Hi All,

I have created canvas application and data source is Dataverse (premium connector), After publish I'm trying to play my app and getting below message.

VD_0-1634118547015.png

But, I have created many other canvas applications using SQL Server (Premium connector), and I can access those applications without any license error.

Why I am getting this for only Dataverse connector?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @VD ,

I assume you might be using Power Apps Per App licensing with your applications?  With this new app, do you have the "Pass Assignment" setup to auto-assign the Per App Pass to the canvas app?  Not enabled for me below because of the environment I am in but this is what I see if this is not set to "Yes" with Canvas Apps connected to the Dataverse.  

Hopefully this is the issue you are having.

Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 8.11.21 AM.png

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @VD ,

I assume you might be using Power Apps Per App licensing with your applications?  With this new app, do you have the "Pass Assignment" setup to auto-assign the Per App Pass to the canvas app?  Not enabled for me below because of the environment I am in but this is what I see if this is not set to "Yes" with Canvas Apps connected to the Dataverse.  

Hopefully this is the issue you are having.

Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 8.11.21 AM.png

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

View solution in original post

Hi @dpoggemann, Yes, I am using Per App license.

But, I am the owner of the application, still it needs that option should be Yes for me also to play the app?

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @VD ,

Correct, even as the author you need to have an allocated license and it will ask you the same question if you don't have an allocated license.  The auto-assign removes the message from what I have seen.

Thanks!

Drew

Thanks,
Drew

@dpoggemann Thanks! 

please tell me, how to turn it to YES ? because, it's disabled and I can't changed it.

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @VD ,

Do you have Power Apps Per App licenses allocated to that environment?  Go to the admin.powerplatform.com and click on Resources--> Capacity.   From here if you scroll down in the main tab you will see "Add-Ons" and you can manage the allocation of the Power Apps Per App tokens to the environment.

If you allocate tokens to the environment then this should open up for ability to select.

Please let me know if any challenges here.

Thanks much,

Drew

Thanks,
Drew

@dpoggemann Thanks! 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,758)