cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pasark
Frequent Visitor

Power Apps Office Add-in fails to retrieve environments

Hi all,

I'm having issues with the PowerApps Office Add-in for Excel. I'm unable to make a connection to my existing environments and it fails with a Call to retrieve environments available for user has failed. Details: error.

I have two production environments that we are currently using. What should I look into to figure out why the Add-in can't connect to my environments?

2 REPLIES 2
SandraSoniec
Helper II
Helper II

Have the same issue. We work with the standard environment for the tenant and an additional production environment.

Tried to establish a direct connection as alternative, leading to "Authentication error Details: Unable to sign in as myUser. Please see the message centre for details.

Detailed error message reads:

The resource principal named "URL of myApp" was not found in the tenant named TenantID. This can happen if the application has not been installed by the administrator of the tenant or consented to by any user in the tenant. You might have sent your authentication request to the wrong tenant.

HelpfulBit
Regular Visitor

Currently trying to work through this, per MSFT Learn walthrough:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/data-platform-excel-addin

I have installed in tenant and set access to everyone.  
In Excel online I get this same error, indicating it cannot find any environments.
In Excel Desktop, I get a different error indicating that https://store.office.com/adminstemplate..../Microsoft-PowerApps-Office-Add-in.xlsx?... cannot be accessed.   I have verified excel is using my same tenant admin account credentials. 

Have you determined a s solution?  I will be sure to post if I determine the cause.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,361)