Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeventeH
Helper I
Helper I

Power Apps search function with Dataverse table

Hello everyone!

I am courious if is there a possibility to use Power App's Search function on Dataverse Tables, and if it is, than how?

Thank you for your response in advance!

Best regards,

Levi

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cooper01
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Are you using the Search function within a canvas app? If so, yes you can search against text fields/string values. The formula in a canvas app would look like this: Search(DataverseTableName, "StringToMatch", "ColumnName") with the column name being the name, not display name.

View solution in original post

ChrisPiasecki
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @LeventeH,

To add to @Cooper01's response, you can also do more advanced searching across multiple tables in Dataverse using the Search Rows action in Power Automate, which uses Relevance Search under the hood. It requires a bit more effort to parse through multiple result sets, but thought I'd mention it in case your use case requires that kind of search experience.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Cooper01
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Are you using the Search function within a canvas app? If so, yes you can search against text fields/string values. The formula in a canvas app would look like this: Search(DataverseTableName, "StringToMatch", "ColumnName") with the column name being the name, not display name.

@Cooper01 is there any limit like how many rows can it go through?

Cooper01
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

It depends on the column type but no limit for text columns in Dataverse tables. For the Search function, you should get a delegation warning if you are trying to search against something that may return limited results.

ChrisPiasecki
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @LeventeH,

To add to @Cooper01's response, you can also do more advanced searching across multiple tables in Dataverse using the Search Rows action in Power Automate, which uses Relevance Search under the hood. It requires a bit more effort to parse through multiple result sets, but thought I'd mention it in case your use case requires that kind of search experience.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (2,026)