cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
komengem

Power BI Get Data from Dataverse Column with value from Choice not what i expected

I have a custom table in Dataverse. One of the columns selects a value from a Choice i created. When i connect Power BI to the custom table, the column that gets a value from a Choice does not display the expected value, instead it displays what i assume is the key to the values i have in my Choice. I can also confirm that Power Apps displays the expected value when a record is viewed using the app i created. Has anyone seen this problem before, what was your workaround?

1 REPLY 1
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @komengem,

Below is a, walkthrough on how to get the choice (option set) labels in your Power BI report. 

https://markcarrington.dev/2021/03/09/optionset-labels-in-power-bi-reports/ 

The other option (the article also mentions) is to use the PowerBI OptionSet Assistant plugin for the XrmToolbox.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,656)