Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmariBarino
Helper I
Helper I

Power FX Command Bar

Hello all!

I am trying to add a custom command to the command bar using power fx. I got the button there so that's no issue; what I'm having trouble with is executing my formula. Is it possible to navigate to another page or form using power fx or would I have to use JavaScript?

AmariBarino_0-1656530989398.png

Any help is greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Sunil-Narnaware
Super User
Super User

@AmariBarino The PowerFx Supports Navigation.. It can redirect you to view or form.. See this documentation.. Use Power Fx with commands - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

Can you share more info on which record/view you would like to go to ? or is it that you would like to create a new record?

Thank you for your reply Sunil! 

I saw this documentation but it looks like you cannot navigate between tables. 

I am trying to go from my product page to a reservation page using this formula Navigate(Defaults(Reservation)) but reservation isn't 'recognized'. It works if I put products instead of reservation so I am guessing it's just not possible to navigate between two different tables. 

Thank you for your help. 

AmariBarino
Helper I
Helper I

Simple fix...but I was able to figure it out. By opening the component library and adding the reservation table to my list of data sources I was able to reference that table. 

Thank you for your help Sunil. 

Sunil-Narnaware
Super User
Super User

@AmariBarino True.. without Table being part of component library.. one can't access it in Command Bar.. good one..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (2,840)