Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveWa
Advocate I
Advocate I

Power Platform admin center - export Capacity data to Power BI report

Hey community,

I need to build a Power BI Report that has pulls in the Power Platform admin center Resources - Capacity data from multiple environments.

Think of it as a single page operational report for all our clients environments

I've connected the dataverse connector in Power BI and I can't see any relevant tables.

Any ideas onyone.

Is this on the roadmap?

thanks,

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @DaveWa,

You won't get the information from the Dataverse connector. You can use the List Environments as Admin action for the Power Platform for Admins connector in Power Automate to get environment information including capacity.

You may want to consider using the Center of Excellence Starter Kit. It captures an inventory of all your Environments, apps, flows, etc. It also comes with a Power BI Dashboard that contains a ton of useful information.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @DaveWa,

You won't get the information from the Dataverse connector. You can use the List Environments as Admin action for the Power Platform for Admins connector in Power Automate to get environment information including capacity.

You may want to consider using the Center of Excellence Starter Kit. It captures an inventory of all your Environments, apps, flows, etc. It also comes with a Power BI Dashboard that contains a ton of useful information.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

DaveWa
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks Chris,

We have built the Logic App and Flow and got through the Acquire Token stage but getting stumped with the API permission:

error: 

{  "error": {
    "code""Forbidden",
    "message""The service principal with id 'xxx' for application <null> does not have permission to access the path 'https://api.bap.microsoft.com/providers/Microsoft.BusinessAppPlatform/scopes/admin/environments?api-...' in tenant xxxx."
  }}

Can anyone assist with the permission requirement and or is it the Null Application that is causing the issue?
Thanks,
Dave

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (2,433)