cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlanBourke
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps For Teams - Use “Edit in Excel” in Dataverse for Teams

Regarding this post about Edit In Excel In Dataverse For Teams , it states:

"We are excited to announce the general availability of the Edit in Excel feature in Dataverse for Teams.   This Dataverse feature is now available in Dataverse for Teams as an option from the ellipse menu in the Table designer."

• From the Build tab select Tables, and then select your table.
  • Expand the ellipses menu to access the “Edit in Excel” feature.
  • Select “Edit in Excel.”  This will download an Excel file into your Download folder.

This is what I have under the Build tab. I don't have any ellipsis menu available. Has this option moved or something ?

1.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
dpoggemann
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @AlanBourke ,

Ok, got there...

Step 1

Click on the table from that view:

dpoggemann_0-1618514896393.png

Step 2

This will show you the columns for your table but you can click on "Tables" in the breadcrumb:

dpoggemann_1-1618514957528.png

dpoggemann_2-1618514982553.png

Step 3

From here you will see the ellipses to the right of your table name with one of the options to Edit in Excel

dpoggemann_3-1618515051892.png

Hope this does it! 🙂

Thanks,

Drew

View solution in original post

AlanBourke
Frequent Visitor

Solved it - this does not (currently) work when using the Microsoft Teams Windows 10 client app. It only works when accessing Teams in a browser via office365.com

5 REPLIES 5
dpoggemann
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @AlanBourke ,

You are 1 layer too high.  You are viewing the applications that are available in that team and you need to go into the actual application first. 

Example, click on the App for your "Contacts" like I would click on my "Inventory Management" app.

team_apps.PNG

From there you will now see the "Data" and be able to click on the elipses for your specific datasource and be able to modify the data there with hopefully the "Edit in Excel" but I currently don't see this in my environment yet 🙂

dataverse_teams_edit_data.png

Hope this helps.  Please accept if answers your question and if only provides some help, please Like.

Thanks much,

Drew

dpoggemann
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @AlanBourke ,

Ok, got there...

Step 1

Click on the table from that view:

dpoggemann_0-1618514896393.png

Step 2

This will show you the columns for your table but you can click on "Tables" in the breadcrumb:

dpoggemann_1-1618514957528.png

dpoggemann_2-1618514982553.png

Step 3

From here you will see the ellipses to the right of your table name with one of the options to Edit in Excel

dpoggemann_3-1618515051892.png

Hope this does it! 🙂

Thanks,

Drew

AlanBourke
Frequent Visitor

Thanks All

@dpoggemannWhen I click on the table as per your Step 1, I don't get any options on the left as you have in your Step 2, in fact nothing happens at all ...

AlanBourke
Frequent Visitor

Solved it - this does not (currently) work when using the Microsoft Teams Windows 10 client app. It only works when accessing Teams in a browser via office365.com

EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @AlanBourke, did you create the table or was already there? Probably a permission/privilege issue set on tables which you'll need to contact the admin or team owner. For ex:

EricRegnier_0-1618562234609.png

Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (62,793)