cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subinpius4u
Helper II
Helper II

PowerApps Per App License

I have a query regarding the powerapps per app licensing.

I know by using per app plan a user can use upto 2 apps in the same environment.

Scenario is that i have 5 apps using premium connectors in the same environment.
Will I be able to share all 5 apps with the same user, if I allocate 3 per app licenses to the environment?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @EricRegnier 

But as per the illustration given below in the microsoft documentation, I can see that User 2 is consuming 2 per app licenses and 4 apps are shared with him in different environments.

subinpius4u_0-1631506807561.png

Also in the powerapps per app plan pricing, highlighted text says, you can stack the licenses for each additional app.

subinpius4u_1-1631506945412.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Veos_boniz
Frequent Visitor

Here what the documentation says

• Sharing an app with a user consumes the per app capacity.
  • Each user is required to have a license.

Veos_boniz_1-1631288913088.png

Although, i tried my self and seams to not be 100% true.

EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @subinpius4u,

Short answer is no, per app license is for a user and is assigned to a user. So that user would only be able to use 2 apps. The license you need use Power Apps per User Plan. Hope this helps!  

Hi @EricRegnier 

But as per the illustration given below in the microsoft documentation, I can see that User 2 is consuming 2 per app licenses and 4 apps are shared with him in different environments.

subinpius4u_0-1631506807561.png

Also in the powerapps per app plan pricing, highlighted text says, you can stack the licenses for each additional app.

subinpius4u_1-1631506945412.png

View solution in original post

Good to know, thanks I wasn't aware... Just check that after 4 licensed (8 apps) then Power Apps per User Plan is more economical.

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @subinpius4u ,

Yes, you can stack the licenses as you suggest.  I have worked with Microsoft on this exact discussion.  The pricing is changing for Power Apps October 1st as well where you will get "1 App" for $5 list price vs. "2 Apps" for $10 list price.  The Power Apps Per User price is changing to $20 list price as well.

Please see link for details:  Power Apps pricing and licensing updates (microsoft.com)

Hope this helps.  Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

subinpius4u
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @EricRegnier , @dpoggemann ,

Thanks for your input.

We have volume licensing for Powerapps per app plan and it costs only 3$ perlicense. So its economical up to 12 apps per user which will require 6 per app plan stacked to the same user. Sharing 12 apps with the same user is very unlikely.

But i feel its economical compared to per user license.

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @subinpius4u ,

Great, that is very similar to non-profit pricing.  I would assume your multiplier would be the same / similar with your volume licensing as well.  8 Apps is the break even point as the price is usually 4x for the Per User pricing.  If you check your volume licensing I expect if you are at $3 per app licensing you would be at $12 for your Per User.  

If not, then your pricing is just very different than what I have come across many times for non-profit, government, commercial and EDU sectors.

Thanks!

Drew

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,555)