Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reinier
Helper I
Helper I

PowerApps Plan 2 trial - database capacity

Hi everyone,

Our organisation played around with PowerApps and we thought it could be of great value for us.
We used mostly SharePoint lists as "database" and now we want to explore if the CDS is suited better.
I have the PowerApps Plan 2 Trial so we could built some model driven pilot apps.
However, when I'm trying to create new entities or environment I keep on getting errors about the database capacity.

"Creating an environment requires at least 1 GB of database capacity."

I don't understand as the trial should support all function. Is there something obvious I am missing and could you please help me out?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Reinier ,

Do you want to create a new environment when having PowerApps Plan 2 trial?

PowerApps Plan 2 trial license means that you will have all the capability of PowerApps Plan2.

But even PowerApps Plan2 also have the limit of database capacity.

You could check the rest of storage of your talent in power platform.

3197.PNG

If your rest of storage is less then 1G, then you can not create a new environment.

You could buy additional storage to expand the limit of your talent's storage.

What's more, please notice that trial plan will expire after 30 days.  If your license has been expired, all the capabilities of this plan will be invalid.

You could check your license status here:
3198.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @Reinier ,

I did this the other day and was able to create a trial environment with a CDS database without any issues. 

When I look at capacity in the Power Platform Admin Center there is 0MB available.

These are the licenses that my user has

Annotation 2020-03-18 203813.png

And my Office 365 user also has the Power Platform admin role

Hopefully that info might help identify what is missing.  Otherwise I would contact Microsoft Support if I was you.

-----

If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

Hi @HSheild , 

Thank you but I tried that and unfortunately is doesn't work. 

I do have the same roles as you mention so I will contact Microsoft. 

v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Reinier ,

Do you want to create a new environment when having PowerApps Plan 2 trial?

PowerApps Plan 2 trial license means that you will have all the capability of PowerApps Plan2.

But even PowerApps Plan2 also have the limit of database capacity.

You could check the rest of storage of your talent in power platform.

3197.PNG

If your rest of storage is less then 1G, then you can not create a new environment.

You could buy additional storage to expand the limit of your talent's storage.

What's more, please notice that trial plan will expire after 30 days.  If your license has been expired, all the capabilities of this plan will be invalid.

You could check your license status here:
3198.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

davidgo
Microsoft
Microsoft

An O365 trial subscription with Power Apps P2 trial licenses will have NO capacity or database in the default environment. The additional step is to create a 30-day trial environment in the Power Apps admin center. It will have capacity and you can create a Dataverse (common data service) database in the trial environment.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,829)