cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chandru
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps model Driven App View

Hi,
 I have an issue with User Entity. My view shows list of users in Organization. My Requirement is when an User with Read-Write Access Mode Can see only their record only and  User with Administrative Access Mode Can See all records. how can I achieve in Model Driven app views. 

Thanks in Advance

4 REPLIES 4
pre
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @Chandru 

Please check the following write ups which can help your requirement::

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/share-model-driven-app

Related to Form settings ::
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/control-access-forms

Related to Model driven apps views::
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/create-edit-views

Thanks

==========================

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up and Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

SeanHenderson
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Chandru 

You can create a system view for normal users will a filter of User Equals Current User:

SeanHenderson_0-1609958489217.png

Then for your administrative users, create a personal view without this filter and share it when them.

---
Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post answered your question! If my post was helpful please consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Chandru,

Possible to share a little more info on your requirements? Specifically, "can see only their record only", do you mean only within the view or for the whole system? The easiest way to achieve what I think you're asking is with security roles. Instead of having different views and filters, have 2 security roles for these 2 types of users will will make your app more secure, cleaner and flexible:

1. Read-only role: where privileges are set a user-level of the desired tables/entities. Make sure the tables are User-Team owned.
  2. Full role: where privileges are set at the org level of the desired tables/entities

This way you don't need to configure different views, dashboards, etc. The list of records shown within the system will automatically be filtered by the roles at the data level. From an administration point of view, you'll only need to make sure users with Read-Write Access Mode has the "Read-only" role and users with Administrative Access Mode has the "Full" role assigned.

Hope this all makes sense!

Prakash4691
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Chandru ,

Is it for user entity or any system/custom entity? Because user entity does not have view called my view.

If it is for custom/system entity, modify the security role of the user and set the entities read and write privilege to "User" level. User with "System Administrator" by default able to see all the records.

If it is for user entity, modify all the views and add one more filter criteria for created by equals current user.

Prakash4691_0-1610334199330.png

Regards,

Prakash

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,708)