cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silaman
Resolver I
Resolver I

Prevent record editing after a date i.e week old, month old, so on.

Is there a way to prevent users from being able to edit records that are after a certain duration, i.e a week old or a month old?

I can set security roles, entries may need to be edited initially, but then say once the final report or review is done, I don't want users being able to go back and edit this data. Entries may need to be adjusted during a week, but once they're finalised that's it for the user at least, they can make entires for the following week, and edit those, but again not the prior week, and once the following week is over, they can't edit those either. This is whats required

I could have a weeklies or monthlies table that migrates to a final table that only management refers to, but this seems convoluted

I could just check audit logs, but what would be the best way?

Can I control something like this via dataverse conditions for rows, or could this be through forms or views like a business rule?

Thankyou

3 REPLIES 3
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

No out of the box way.  Several possible options

• Real-time Workflow or Plugin  then trigger on update and stop with error
  • Switch Forms to one where fields are readonly (doesn't stop someone editing via another interface)
  • Deactivate the record and remove the Activate button (doesn't stop exporting to excel and setting Active again)
  •  My favorite, have a Business Unit structure and appropriate Security Role and privileges setup, and then change the ownership of the record to a Team that is outside the scope of the permissions of other users

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

No out of the box way.  Several possible options

• Real-time Workflow or Plugin  then trigger on update and stop with error
  • Switch Forms to one where fields are readonly (doesn't stop someone editing via another interface)
  • Deactivate the record and remove the Activate button (doesn't stop exporting to excel and setting Active again)
  •  My favorite, have a Business Unit structure and appropriate Security Role and privileges setup, and then change the ownership of the record to a Team that is outside the scope of the permissions of other users

I really like the sound of this

I will see how this goes

Thankyou

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,869)