cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomwinton2
Frequent Visitor

(Preview) Power FX Formula columns - Import / Export within solution fails

Hello

Within environment we setup a new formula column for a string colum, all worked out nicely within the environment, but exporting / importing to another environment (via make & make.preview, unmanaged & managed) results in a failure specifying a generic error (80040216) and generic error message "error while importing column name". 

My wild, unresearched guess of a reason why is that the solution formula is a .yaml file living in a folder solutions normally expect calculated field formulas exist in a xaml format I'm gonna guess that the solutions importer doesn't know what to do with it..

Has anyone else had this issue and if so did you find a get around?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SBax
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @tomwinton2 .

I experienced this and resolved by importing using the classic experience 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
melamri
Super User
Super User

Hi @tomwinton2 

I can't reproduce this issue in my environment. I highly recommend to open a support ticket with Microsoft.

Please tick Accept as solution if the answer is useful.

https://xrmtricks.com/

SBax
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @tomwinton2 .

I experienced this and resolved by importing using the classic experience 

Legend. Worked like a charm.

I assumed that a solution import process would follow the same steps in all scenarios which was wrong... I wonder if it's the solutions checker. 

SBax
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@tomwinton2 - I've seen a couple of issues with the modern solution import recently.

The one you described above, and also importing a new version of a patch where a lower version already exists in the target environment.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,443)