cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fnunes
Frequent Visitor

Problem Importing Case (incident) data to From one Dataverse environment to another using Dataflows

Hello,

I'm trying to import Case data from one Dynamics 365 environment to another using Dataflows, but now it is saying that the CustomerId is required, but I cannot map the CustomerID in the mapping stage. I have already created Alternate Keys in the target environment.

There is a note in the documentation stating that polymorphic relationships are not yet supported, could that be the issue? That means I cannot import cases using Dataflows, since the Customer field is required? Any alternative in Dataflows, or just SSIS?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@fnunes

As you have mentioned polymorphic lookups are not yet supported in data flows so the alternative will be SSIS package and you can easily do this using king waysoft and you will not need a license if this is a once off task and you can execute packages directly from visual studio.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@fnunes

As you have mentioned polymorphic lookups are not yet supported in data flows so the alternative will be SSIS package and you can easily do this using king waysoft and you will not need a license if this is a once off task and you can execute packages directly from visual studio.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

Hello @Mira_Ghaly,

Thank you for your answer and confirming my hypothesis and providing an alternative.

I wish you a great week!

Fabrício

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,851)