cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwoelzmueller
Frequent Visitor

Problem retrieving full size image from CDS

Hi together,

I have a problem retrieving pictures from CDS. They are all reduced to 144x144 pixel. Any help on this would be highly appreciated. Here is what I've done so far.

- I built an app where I can take a picture of a document together with some further information on that picture. (Picture is still in full size)

- I store everything from PowerApps to CDS using patch-function (works fine)

- I open a gallery showing all pictures incl. data entered. (I can see the picture, but only limited resolution)

- I built a flow that should retrieve picture and store it to OneDrive. (file stored on OneDrive has only resolution of 144x144 pixels.

I could find that CDS stores a thumbnail in that format. It seems that I always load the thumbnail.... but cannot get the full size picture. I read that I could use an URL to get the fullsize image. Unfortunately URL is not provided within the data I can read from flow (only entityimage and entityimageid). URL should additionally contain a timestamp as stated  in the example provided by MS: 

https://myorg.crm.dynamics.com/image/download.aspx?attribute=entityimage&entity=contact&id={ECB6D3DF-4A04-E311-AFE0-00155D9C3020}&timestamp=635120312218444444

Anyone an idea? 

Many thanks in advance

BR

Martin

8 REPLIES 8
mwoelzmueller
Frequent Visitor

Sorry, here a pic from the flow I created 

attachment.png

Lars3
Frequent Visitor

Hi Martin, 

My solution for photos in CDS 2.0 is to save the base64 string. Create a field with Data type "Multiline text" and Max Length 1000000. You do not need any convert function - non-image fields convert imcoming photos into base4 string automatically by itself. 

Please note, this solution is part of my test/training app. I did not implement it into my productive apps yet. Therefore, I do not know how stable saving of strings with length 1000000 is in production.  

Kind regards 

Lars 

Hi Lars,

many thanks. I'll give it a try and will post results soonest.

NHelgren
Microsoft
Microsoft

I realize this is an older post, but we just released a preview for enhanced image support. It is available for canvas now and model soon. See these blog posts for more information.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/public-preview-new-image-enhancements-available-via-api/ 

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/public-preview-of-multiple-image-attributes-in-power-apps...

ybelkouchi07
Frequent Visitor

You need to get the full size of the picture, in REST, you can use :

GET /api/data/v9.1/<entity-type(id)>/<image-attribute-name>/$value?size=full

for example :

[Organization URI]/api/data/v9.1/accounts(C0864F1C-0B71-E911-8196-000D3A6D09B3)/myentityimage/$value?size=full

ConstantinSeide
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

i know this post is a few days old by now, but maybe you or others still have that issue. 

I came across the "Get file or image content" Action in Power automate. 

After setting the Item ID, make supe you set the "image size" to: full. 

By default, you only get the thumbnail, which is 144x144px. 

ConstantinSeide_0-1609253743168.png

I hope that resolves your Issue, 

if it does, please accept it as a solution 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ConstantinSeide hello! I am not able to find that action.. could you please confirm that it still exists? Thanks!

ConstantinSeide
Frequent Visitor

Hello @Anonymous , 

in the meantime there is another action, that does the same thing: 

ConstantinSeide_0-1627383143161.png

"Download a file or an image". 
Hope that will do the trick for you. 
Cheers, 
Constantin

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,349)