cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dolo
Regular Visitor

Problem when upload data info from form, to dataverse due to dropdown

Hi ! , I've got a form composed by multiple fields that I send to dataverse clicking a button.

All the fields are sending okay but the value I select from a dropdown does not upload to  dataverse.

For example name, subname, e-mai, that are DataCardValue works correctly , but "gender" that it's a Dropdown doesn't upload the one I choose.

When I created the form, I changed "gender" that It's a DataCardValue like the rest of the items , for a Dropdown that contais("male,female, other") loaded from a table in dataverse.

Thanks , and sorry for my bad English 🙂

1 REPLY 1
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @dolo ,

When you added the Gender field to your form you should be able to set to populate utilizing something like "Choices(Gender)" based on it being a Choice setup in Dataverse.  The "Gender" would be the name of the Choice you created.  When you submit the form it will then update utilizing the value associated to this behind the scenes.

To do a simple test on this, create a Power App using the "Start From" in the home page of the make.powerapps.com and choose Dataverse.  Select your table from Dataverse and let it create your app, you can then look at the Detail page which should show the field in question on the form with similar code to I mentioned above.

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,831)