cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghdunn
Post Patron
Post Patron

Problem with System Date Settings

Building Model Driven Apps in Common Data Service.

Despite setting the Current Format to English (United Kingdom) DD/MM/YYYY, my date formats seem not to have changed in my form...still showing English(United States) of MM/DD/YYYY

Any ideas?

Screenprints:

Capture1.PNGCapture3.PNG

Gerald

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Satish-Reddy
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Can you also change the date format in your Personal Settings (Options)?

Thanks

Satish Reddy

Architect and Trainer

https://community.dynamicslabs.io/

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Satish-Reddy
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Can you also change the date format in your Personal Settings (Options)?

Thanks

Satish Reddy

Architect and Trainer

https://community.dynamicslabs.io/

This is marked as resolved but does not link to a solution. 😖

Technically the last reply was correct but didnt say how to do this. Needs setting per user as per the screenshot

MicrosoftAdmin_0-1652720106455.png

bpm
Frequent Visitor

Ok, how do you set this up for all users to use the default date format specified, without requiring them to manually reset their date formats in Personalisation Settings?

We need to set the default date formats across the entire application for all users using it.

bpm
Frequent Visitor

I found a solution to my question for this actually: you can bulk update all users' setings using the User Settings Utility in the Xrm ToolBox.

I was not aware of XRM Toolbox until now. Appears to be acknowledge by, but not supported by MS. Is it safe?

Community tools for Microsoft Dataverse (Dataverse) - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

bpm
Frequent Visitor

Haven't come across any concerns about safety with it so far, but others may have different opinions. On the other hand, if you ever need to modify Ribbons anywhere, it's pretty much your only tool for hiding existing controls!

I've found the FetchXML Builder, the Ribbon Editor, and the User Settings Utility to be extremely useful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Users online (4,537)