cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrulsB
Helper III
Helper III

Problem with TimeZones updating CDS data with Power Automate

My TimeZone is UTC+1.  I have several date fields in my entity.  One field is "Order date" with the date 2020-11-12

When i use this field in Power Automate the "Order date" is shown as 2020-11-11, and not the correct date that is 20-11-12. 

Im going to use this date to do a lot of calculations, so i need that order date have to be correct in Power Automate. 

Some fields are also in "Date and Time" format.  In CDS the time is 11:20 (correct time), and in Automate it is in UTC time 10:20. 

I need help to solve this problem so the date and time fields in Power Automate is correct. 

1 REPLY 1

Power Automate does show date time fields in UTC, so the date is the same, it isn't displaying adjusted to your timezone.

Elaiza Benitez has some really good stuff about date fields, and transforming dates to timezones in Power Automate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIpQyPYCjIk&feature=emb_logo

But I have a better suggestion--make your date fields on order really date only--having a time on an order doesn't really serve any purpose. What you describe now is storing them at 12 am--this will be the day earlier when viewed in an earlier timezone

So set the field to behavior date only or timezone independent so they show the same date for everybody.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (2,725)