Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattyn07
Helper II
Helper II

Question regarding Power Query and CDS

Hi,

I have created a Power Query with subsequent dataflow which created the records in CDS fine except for one thing - it created duplicate records.

I have selected the "Do Not Delete records not in this query" however it just seems to create duplicate records in my CDS environment which isnt ideal when your Power Query has 9000+ records and your existing CDS entity you are using has 30k records.

What I need to occur is:

• Nightly job runs and creates ONLY the new records that have entered that query
  • No duplicate records to be created
  • No existing data to be deleted

Is this something I need to amend within my Power Query to only show those with a created on date of today? Or do i need to bring my CDS table into Power Query (if possible) to ensure it knows what records already exist before running its nightly update?

Happy to provide more details to assist further.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
panand99
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hello @EricRegnier @HSheild ,

I am having the same issue where not able to update record while setting the alternate key.

I sets the alternate key value In CDS key settings as a unique name field. When I runs dataflow again, it giving me error that records already found and then failed. 

Could any of you please help to how me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Hi @panand99 , this thread has already been closed and resolved. If the answers in here do not give you a resolution can you please open a new thread? Also, can you share some more details? Like screenshots of the error message, your alternative key configuration and also the mapping in the data flow?

Hi @panand99,

From my experience this is as designed since Dataflows does not support update on existing Dataflows where keys were added after. Try creating a new one to see if that helps. You can vote for the feature here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Upsert-update-capabilities-in-Power-Apps-Datafl...

Cheers

Logix365
Regular Visitor

I know this is a old question, however, I experienced a similar issue but found that some updates must have taken place that has resolved this issue.

In my case, I have two environments, both CDS (Dataverse) and I need the contact records from Environment A to transfer to Environment B. These are the steps I following to make this happen without causing duplicates to appear in environment B.

1. Create a Key in Environment B in the Contact Table

2. Add a connection in Environment B to Environment A

3. Configure the dataflow (without selecting the delete records option)

That's it, works perfectly for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Users online (3,039)