Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teresa24486
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Recurrence form- Appointments Table

Hi,

Information(from a subgrid) is getting deleted from the Appointments record when converting it to a recurrence form; data propagation doesn't work on subgrid-  If this is achievable from a workflow, I need help with the workflow.

If ever i want to extend a recurrence series and try to edit series, it updates the existing,old records are all gone and a new set of series is created. Is this the default behavior? What can be the work around?

4 REPLIES 4
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @Teresa24486 ,

Recurring appointments behave a bit different in Dynamics 365 / Power Apps.  Overall this functionality has not really changed in years that I know of (probably same since 2011).  A good article explaining here:  https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/dynamics365/no-audience/2011/04/25/demystifying-recurring-appointme... I know this is old but the examples are really good.

I just tested this logic in my current demo tenant and it behaved as I expected.

1.   Created a repeating appointment for Mondays starting in the past (January) and it created the following:

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 8.37.40 PM.png  

I then chose to change the recurrence and you see the message that is displayed on appointments in the past.

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 8.38.41 PM.png

I revised to put the appointments on Saturdays and it did not change the ones in the past (you will see a Saturday and a Monday) and in the future ones it changed to map to the Saturdays:

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 8.41.08 PM.png

Hope this helps to understand the logic around the recurring appointments.  Let me know if this does not answer your question.

Thanks much!

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

hi @dpoggemann ,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I tried again and this is what I see:

Teresa24486_1-1612687885811.png

Teresa24486_0-1612687785274.png

I did update the recurrence to the following:

Teresa24486_2-1612687981244.png

As you can see, the series gets updated to the new settings and deleted the existing, even if the previous series had a completed task, it deleted them all.:

Teresa24486_3-1612688105931.png

Can I not have the completed ones retained?

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

HI @Teresa24486 ,

If you modify the recurrence for future appointments to end after say 5 vs 10 and if you have completed the 9th and 10th already, they do get removed.  If they are appointments in the past they are retained.  I wish Microsoft wouldn't do this since they are already "completed" but yes, they are removed.

Thanks much,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

ok, noted.

Would you be able to assist with the first part of my question?

Information(from a subgrid) is getting deleted from the Appointments record when converting it to a recurrence form; data propagation doesn't work on subgrid-  If this is achievable from a workflow, I need help with the workflow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,147)