cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jawalley
Frequent Visitor

Relate function multiple relationships between tables

I am having trouble using the Relate function because I have two relationships and Relate doesn't specify which relationship to use. 

I have two tables, "People", and "Meetings", and two relationships between them. A 1:N relationship called "Primary" and a N:N relationship. How can I use the Relate function to relate a "Person" to the "Primary" field in a "Meeting"? 

The Relate function works if I only have the 1:N relationship, but does not work when I also have a N:N relationship between the two tables. 

I am currently getting the error "The function 'Relate' has some invalid arguments." and my code is 

Relate(ComboBox5.Selected.Meetings,ComboBox4.Selected)

Is this an impossible situation where I need to change my relationships? Or is there a solution that I am failing to see?

jawalley_0-1647954215238.png

1 REPLY 1
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @jawalley ,

Question for you, you appear to be trying to link a related record to the ComboBox1 that would be multiple records right?  Is Meetings a "single" record?  It needs to be, so I would think something like the following might work in your case:

Relate(First(ComboBox5.Selected.Meetings),ComboBox4.Selected)

Not sure if this makes sense for your situation

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Users online (4,764)