Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teresa24486
Helper V
Helper V

Remap the primary field to a lookup field

hi,

I am trying to remap the primary field to a lookup field. The primary field was already mapped while importing data from a excel sheet and i now want to change the mapping to another field. Is it possible without deleting the entity as i wont be able to delete the primary field.

2 REPLIES 2
jlindstrom
Super User
Super User

that is not allowed. the primary entity field cannot be a lookup, option set, etc. Make a process like a flow that sets the value of a lookup field to the value of a text field is one possible answer, or make primary name field optional and have a business rule or real time workflow set the primary field value and then don't display it on forms and views.

Nicokirr
Regular Visitor

Agree with @jlindstrom , you can't do that. If you want to change the primary field, the only option is to delete the entity.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (105,781)