cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fs92
Helper I
Helper I

Removing Managed Solution not possible -> How to reset?

Hello,

I have uploaded a managed solution for Project 4 the web into my Prod environment from dev.

After the import I found a problem and want to uninstall the solution. CDS shows an error message that this is not possible because of dependencies... So I updated the original DEV solution, removed all dependencies, exported again and imported to PROD. This solved most of the problems, but 4 dependencies cannot be removed... Therefore it is not possible to uninstall the solution.

Is there a way to "reset" a standard solution like P4W?

Cheersa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rather than removing the dependencies in the unmanaged environment, you may be able to make the relevant managed properties less restrictive (e.g. to allow customisations instead of preventing them). The steps for this are:

1. Change the relevant managed properties in the unmanaged environment
  2. Import the solution into the managed environment
  3. Remove the dependencies in the managed environment

If this succeeds, then remove the dependencies in the unmanaged environment, and reimport into the managed environment

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ben-thompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Without knowing exactly what those dependencies are I don't think we can help. It's possible (as I've seen it in the past) that 1 item is behind all 4 issues.

Have you raised a support request with microsoft?

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".
fs92
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

the issue is related to another entity.

In my dev environment I have cleared all relationships between the entities Risks and Project.

After exporting it as managed solution and importing it to prod, the relationship is not removed. Therefore, it is not possible to delete the managed solution.

Cheers

Rather than removing the dependencies in the unmanaged environment, you may be able to make the relevant managed properties less restrictive (e.g. to allow customisations instead of preventing them). The steps for this are:

1. Change the relevant managed properties in the unmanaged environment
  2. Import the solution into the managed environment
  3. Remove the dependencies in the managed environment

If this succeeds, then remove the dependencies in the unmanaged environment, and reimport into the managed environment

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Users online (1,971)