cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver II
Resolver II

Retrieve Dynamics Annotations

One of my test apps retrieves the annotations from Dynamics. I want to show the pictures attached.
Some of the attachments are too big to retrieve using the CDS connector (as well as with the Dynamics connector).
The annotation record holds a field called FileSize. So, (as a test) I try to filter my dataset, but the FileSize field is not available to filter on.
Does anyone know how come?

And does anyone know how to handle the annotation entity so that the records can be retrieved even with "large" pics attached to it?

Kind regards,
Maurits

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Maurits ,

The FileSize field is a automatically system generation filed. When you upload attachmensts, system will record its filesize and write in this field. It is a read-only field.

The maximum size of files that can be uploaded is determined by the Organization.MaxUploadFileSize property.

This property is set in the Email tab of the System Settings in the Dynamics 365 application. This setting limits the size of files that can be attached to email messages, notes, and web resources. The default setting is 5 MB.

Here's doc for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/web-api/annotation?view=dynamics-ce...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/developer/annotation-note-entity

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Community Support
Community Support

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (9,474)