cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rushi_555
Frequent Visitor

Rollup from multiple Hierarchies in Dataverse

Hi All,

I have a data structure where Parent 1- NChild --> N Sub child -->  N sub sub  child --> N sub sub sub child kind of a relationship.  It is 4 steps in the hierarchical chain. The last sub sub sub child record has the multiple amount values which needs to rolled up to the the parent table. I tried rollup function but it only allows rolling up to one hierarchy step , but the requirement is rolling up all the way to  parent table.  could this kind of calculations be done on the backend without using any flows ?

Thanks,
Rushi

4 REPLIES 4
rampprakash
Super User
Super User

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rushi_555 ,

I think hierarchy can only be utilized within the same entity hierarchy like summing the total revenue for all open opportunities within a parent / child Account hierarchy.  In the situation you are looking to do here where these are different entities, this can not be done out of the box.  

You could go down a path of using Flow to generate these results but I normally would move to Power BI to create analytics around this type of data because you can utilize many different slicers, time periods, etc. and it will provide significantly more flexibility then trying to do the totals through rollup fields.

Thanks,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew
Rushi_555
Frequent Visitor

Below, is the relationship view of the problem I am trying to solve. wbse actuals and Financial table are connected to different DB and the values are changed on daily basis. wbse financial and actuals table are connected to the L2 plan project table(N:1) -  which connects to L2 Projects (N:1). L2projects is connected to L1 Projects table (N:1). I am trying to bring the amount vales from actuals and financial table to the L1 Projects table. 

Rushi_555_2-1638804046675.png

Its just the screensnip of the file attached in the previous comment. 

Appreciate all the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Users online (1,719)