cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

Run flow from Model Driven App included in standalone Power Apps license

I doubted to post this one here but because I saw this post https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/User-activated-Flow-from-model-driven-app/m-... I thought the Power Apps forum supersedes the Power Automate forum.

In that post there is a standalone Model Driven Power App connecting to CDS so premium license is given to users.

If a user runs a flow from a Model Driven Power App (with the trigger When a record is selected from the context menu of the Model Driven App view), are these flows included in the Power Apps license because it is in the context of the Power App or not?

Please do not refer me to licensing guide; I know:

Power Apps licenses (both “Power Apps per app plan” and “Power Apps per user plan”) include Power
Automate use rights for the purpose of automating workflows associated with the Power Apps
application(s).
Power Automate use within Power Apps is limited to the context of the Power Apps application. What this
means is that for both triggers and actions, flows included within a Power Apps application can connect
to:
• Any data source within the use rights of the Power Apps application
• Directly with the Power Apps application (via built in trigger/action)
If the flow is isolated and has nothing to do with the Power Apps application, then standalone Power
Automate licenses will need to be purchased.

This question is just to confirm that Model Driven Apps are also considered "within the context from the Power Apps application"?

It would not be the first time to consider a Model Driven App different from a Canvas App (where the Flow is triggered directly from the Power App through a connected trigger).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Hi @Django ,

Yes, your model-driven app, canvas app and Power Automate Flows are all licensed under the one Power Apps license as long as they are all part of the same business scenario that you are addressing.

Have you seen this definition in the Power Apps and Power Automate licensing FAQ?

The Power Apps per app plan allows users to run specific apps. Can you explain what this means in terms of the number and types of apps I can use?

The Power Apps per app plan is designed to help organizations solve for one business scenario at a time, which may involve a combination of individual apps. Each “per app” license provides an individual user with rights to two apps (canvas and/or model-driven) as well as one Power Apps Portal, all within a single environment. A single user might be covered by multiple “per app” licenses to allow the user to use multiple solutions targeted at various business scenarios, without requiring a per-user license. In other words, the “per app” license is stackable.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Hi @Django ,

Yes, your model-driven app, canvas app and Power Automate Flows are all licensed under the one Power Apps license as long as they are all part of the same business scenario that you are addressing.

Have you seen this definition in the Power Apps and Power Automate licensing FAQ?

The Power Apps per app plan allows users to run specific apps. Can you explain what this means in terms of the number and types of apps I can use?

The Power Apps per app plan is designed to help organizations solve for one business scenario at a time, which may involve a combination of individual apps. Each “per app” license provides an individual user with rights to two apps (canvas and/or model-driven) as well as one Power Apps Portal, all within a single environment. A single user might be covered by multiple “per app” licenses to allow the user to use multiple solutions targeted at various business scenarios, without requiring a per-user license. In other words, the “per app” license is stackable.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Check out the Power Apps Community Call for January 2021

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Users online (4,466)