cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennygb
Regular Visitor

Same Code Produces Different Delegation Error Results

I have two different Power Apps in the same environment on the same authoring version. I have implemented the same code connecting to the same Dataverse table in both applications.

In App #1, I see a delegation error in my Filter function for the gallery.

jennygb_0-1630017684265.png

In App #2, I do not see a delegation error in my Filter function for the gallery.

jennygb_1-1630017792709.png

Has anyone run into this issue with inconsistent delegation errors? What is the resolution for this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jennygb
Regular Visitor

I finally figured out that the preview setting for advanced delegation was turned on for the one application and not the other. This accounted for the differences I was seeing in the error message. I hope this helps someone else!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jennygb ,

It doesn't make sense... Please check if the Codes is referring to a collection or something else rather than the dataverse table.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

jennygb
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-jefferni, thank you for your reply. In both formulas the source is a Dataverse table ('CPR Submissions') with a text column ('HSP Code') that I'm comparing to a text column in a collection (Codes.Name).

rampprakash
Super User
Super User

Hi @jennygb,

Try go to setting and change the Value to 2000 and try

jennygb
Regular Visitor

I finally figured out that the preview setting for advanced delegation was turned on for the one application and not the other. This accounted for the differences I was seeing in the error message. I hope this helps someone else!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (2,478)