cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrennanP_FCNB
Regular Visitor

Sandbox add-ons

Hello-

My company is looking to add some sandbox environments for development and testing. The latest Licensing Guide for Dynamics (Dec 2020) which is referred to for Power Platform licencing as well refers to 'non-production' or 'Sandbox' add-ons, which include  10GB of space per environment? But in Power Platform Billing I can't find any mention of this, only the CDS Database addon.

Am I misunderstanding that this is an addon we can purchase? Or is it just not showing yet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @BrennanP_FCNB 

Sandbox environments that include 10GB of database capacity are for certain Dynamics 365 app licenses.  

If you want to create a new Dataverse environment (without any of the Dynamics 365 apps) then you can create a new environment through the Power Platform Admin Centre.  However, you need to ensure that you have enough Database Capacity (1GB free).  If need to buy more database capacity then you can find it under the Dynamics 365 section in the Billing section of Office 365 admin center

HSheild_0-1607815355213.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @BrennanP_FCNB 

Sandbox environments that include 10GB of database capacity are for certain Dynamics 365 app licenses.  

If you want to create a new Dataverse environment (without any of the Dynamics 365 apps) then you can create a new environment through the Power Platform Admin Centre.  However, you need to ensure that you have enough Database Capacity (1GB free).  If need to buy more database capacity then you can find it under the Dynamics 365 section in the Billing section of Office 365 admin center

HSheild_0-1607815355213.png

View solution in original post

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Think the 10GB is only for Finance & Operations, and HR  (both of which I know nothing about),

For Sales/Service/Dataverse etc it depends what pricing model you are on.  If you are on the old model, these are usually organsiaztions that have an existing Enterprize Agreement (EA) that has not yet expired or who have been given an extra period before being forced to the new usage model.  Usage model just consumes your data storage (old model you had to by a specific addon sandbox/production etc).

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,480)