cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cooper01
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Save & Publish disabled when creating new Dataverse view?

I just created a new table and am trying to add a custom view. Save, Publish, and Save As are all disabled so I can set up the view but can't do anything with it. I am getting the same issue on a much older table so I don't think this is a timing issue.

My view has a name. Is anyone aware of what else it's checking for to either enable or disable these buttons?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Cooper01,

Did someone change your access role? Are you sure you're still system admin in that Dataverse environment? The other thing is to try in the classic solution explorer. In you solution, hit the "switch to classic" button in the menu. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Cooper01,

Did someone change your access role? Are you sure you're still system admin in that Dataverse environment? The other thing is to try in the classic solution explorer. In you solution, hit the "switch to classic" button in the menu. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Cooper01
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Thanks for the reply @EricRegnier. I am the only one with access to this environment but I did double check and I'm still in the System Administrator security role. 

I checked another tenant where I am also a System Admin and am getting the same thing. So either I'm missing something really obvious with my view config which is disabling save or there's another issue.

Marking as solution since I'm using classic as a workaround for now.

That’s weird, the other 2 things you can try is in the preview maker portal: make.preview.powerapps.com or lodge a Microsoft Support ticket.

cheers

dice927

I am just starting out and following a training course how to use dataverse. Save is also greyed out for me

dice927_0-1621744734889.png

terho-antila
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have the same problem.

But indeed, seems to be working via make.preview.powerapps.com as @EricRegnier suggested 👌

Cooper01
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@dice927 @terho-antila another thing that's working for me is to edit an existing view (for example Active TableName) and save as.

terho-antila
Advocate I
Advocate I

I think things started working normally this morning 🙂 

asifkhawaja
Advocate II
Advocate II

Same here. I am still not able to update or save a view as different name. Save and Publish buttons are disabled and there is this message at the top yellow bar "View authoring is disabled for this view. You are in read-only mode." I am Power Platform Admin and System Admin in that environment. Any ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,395)