cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Searching a DataCarValue list?

I have in my App a registration screen and a list field where all customers are registered, how do I do the search for a customer on the DataCardValue6?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

One way to do this is to customise the data card with a button or icon that navigates to another Screen which holds a gallery of the customer records.  You can use the OOTB List screen for this as it already has a search bar in it.

Set the new screen up so that when a user selects an item from the gallery it sets a variable that can be used to populate the data card on your form screen.

Annotation 2020-04-18 085756.png

-----

If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

One way to do this is to customise the data card with a button or icon that navigates to another Screen which holds a gallery of the customer records.  You can use the OOTB List screen for this as it already has a search bar in it.

Set the new screen up so that when a user selects an item from the gallery it sets a variable that can be used to populate the data card on your form screen.

Annotation 2020-04-18 085756.png

-----

If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,121)