Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jed76
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Security Role when sharing PowerApp?

Hi

I have created an which accesses some Dataverse tables. 

When I go to share the app, which security role should I choose? Would 'basic user' be the best setting?

The strange this is that even though I have added BASIC USER and also "Delegate" (to see if this would help), when I run the app as the user it tells me that I don't have the necessary permissions to access the data?

Many thanks, Justin 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

Hello, @jed76, Basic User Security Role will allow end-users to only access the records they created. If you want the End-users to access all the Data, give them the following roles:

1. Basic Users
  2. Service Reader
  3. Service Writer
  4. Service Deleter

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍 , & if it solved your issue, please 👍 & Accept it as the Solution to help other community members find it more.

I am primarily available on weekdays from 6-10 PM CT and 5-10 PM CT on weekends.

Visit my Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

Hello, @jed76, Basic User Security Role will allow end-users to only access the records they created. If you want the End-users to access all the Data, give them the following roles:

1. Basic Users
  2. Service Reader
  3. Service Writer
  4. Service Deleter

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍 , & if it solved your issue, please 👍 & Accept it as the Solution to help other community members find it more.

I am primarily available on weekdays from 6-10 PM CT and 5-10 PM CT on weekends.

Visit my Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

Great - many thanks!

@jed76 , FYI, Service Writer security role include READING privilege be design. So you can only use service writer and if your end-users should be able to delete records, then also assign them Service Deleter security role.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,327)