cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kubalaml
Helper II
Helper II

Security for "Dataverse for Teams" - prevent members from deleting / manipulating tables

Is this where we can ask about "Dataverse for Teams" as well? My question is about security. It seems like as long as you are a Member of the Team, you have full access to the back end data which means you can manipulate the data directly or even flat out delete tables. Is that true? Am I missing something as far as setup goes? How can I enforce that users are only able to enter data into the tables when they go through my app? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

You would be correct, to a point. The piece that will be out very soon is the ability to share an app with your organization--in other words, create it in your team, then share with organization, then the people in your company can add it to their teams, but will not be able to edit the underlying data in the app.

ah ok. I was actually kind of testing that. I created a Team locked down to just myself where I created some tables and an app, then I shared the app with another user. That user tries to open the app in the browser, but gets a prompt saying they need a premium license to use the app. I'm assuming that is because it is treating it like a regular Dataverse connection. I also tried embedding the app in another Team's tab, but when the app opens, it says they don't have access to the data. 

I'm currently looking into seeing if maybe creating a managed solution is the way to go, but I'm not sure if that is supported with Dataverse for Teams.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,675)