cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RadhaSamak
Helper I
Helper I

Send Email notification to dynamic list of members when ever a new task, appointment created in Model driven app

Hello team,

I want to send an email notification to the list of members who are the part of another entity "Board Members" when a new task is created and follow up mails if task is left unattended or as a reminder mail.

and want to create a calendar event  when a new appointment is created in model driven app.

Is it possible to do so. Can someone please help me on this.

Thanks

Radha

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@jlindstrom can you give me an example for fetch xml please.

how to write,

let's say here is my data with list of board members belongs to an "Opporutnity ABC"

Name- (Actually a lookup column with "User" type)Designation
Radha

Sales

JhonGlobal Services
SmithCustomer Support
EdwardGeneral Manager

now, How can I write Fetch XML that gives me above list of people and then I can send meeting invite to the same .

Thanks in advance. 

View solution in original post

@RadhaSamak I made a video showing you how to do this. https://youtu.be/c2xcf7N89ws

6 REPLIES 6

to send an email notification to the list of members use power automate on create of a task, then list records of board members, then for each one send the email.

Creating the calendar appointment for every cds meeting should use the standard server side calendar integration

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/set-up-server-side-synchronization-of-email-ap...

Using this method, appointments, tasks, and contacts can synchronize with Exchange.

users have a filter for appointments, and based on that filter, appointments in cds automatically appear on their calendar.

Thanks @jlindstrom for the prompt response.

Can you help me in step by step how to create a flow which trigger to select and how to fetch the list of board members tagged.

For more information on the same.

this is how my board members entity is.

For each opportunity  there will be 8 board members tagged with different designations.

and how to add those members automatically in the flow.

Thanks in advance

Radha

Step 1: create a solution

step 2: create a flow

step 3: trigger common data service current environment set to on create

Step 4: List records directors. filter with fetch XML to only those related to the opportunity

then you can use the send email step to send to all of the users in the list records

@jlindstrom can you give me an example for fetch xml please.

how to write,

let's say here is my data with list of board members belongs to an "Opporutnity ABC"

Name- (Actually a lookup column with "User" type)Designation
Radha

Sales

JhonGlobal Services
SmithCustomer Support
EdwardGeneral Manager

now, How can I write Fetch XML that gives me above list of people and then I can send meeting invite to the same .

Thanks in advance. 

@RadhaSamak I made a video showing you how to do this. https://youtu.be/c2xcf7N89ws

Thanks @jlindstrom  that's quite helpful..

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,602)