cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send email to office 365 users

Hi, I am creating a sign in App, I a combo box that has a list of all office365 users in our company, The code in the combo box is Filter (Office365Users.SearchUser({top: 700}), AccountEnabled = true ) This box is suppose to let a vistor come in and search anyone in the company they are visiting, the box words fine and I even have a patch function in which whenever you submit the data you entered it populates in a list in sharepoint. My question is, how do I send an notification to the office365user the visitor has selected to their outlook stating something like "A visitor in the front desk is here to see you" Any help would be great! Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want to add the following features to your app?

• the office365users who has been selected by visitor will get a email like “A visitor in the front desk is here to see you” at once.

Could you tell me the combo box is multiple choice or single choice?

Based on your description, I’ve made a similar test that you could refer to:

Case1: single choice combo box——

1)add connection: you should add one more connection which called ‘office 365 Outlook ’ first

2)set the single choice combo box’s OnChange property to:

ForAll(ComboBox1.SelectedItems.Mail,Office365Outlook.SendEmail(Mail,"subject","A visitor.... "))

//ForALL: Calculates values and performs actions for all records of a table.

Combobox1.selectedtiems.mail:a table of user’s name which you selected

Office365Outlook.SendEmail:a “send email” action which is included in the ‘office 365 Outlook' connector

3)Then you could have a test. The office365users who has been selected will get a email at once.

Case2: Multiple choice combo box——

1)add connection: you should add one more connection which called ‘office 365 Outlook ’ first

2)add a “CONFIRM” button and set the it’s OnSelect property to:

ForAll(ComboBox1.SelectedItems.Mail,Office365Outlook.SendEmail(Mail,"subject","A visitor.... "))

//Why not edit combo box’s OnChange property?

When the combo box’s option has been changed the email will be sent to all the selected users immediately, some previously selected users may get repetitive mails.

3)Then you could have a test. The office365users who has been selected will get an email when you click on the button.

If you still have any question please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Since you use Office365 Users connector and Office365 Outlook connector, I think these two links that may help you a lot:

Office365 Users: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365users/

Office 365 Outlook: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want to add the following features to your app?

• the office365users who has been selected by visitor will get a email like “A visitor in the front desk is here to see you” at once.

Could you tell me the combo box is multiple choice or single choice?

Based on your description, I’ve made a similar test that you could refer to:

Case1: single choice combo box——

2)set the single choice combo box’s OnChange property to:

//ForALL: Calculates values and performs actions for all records of a table.

Combobox1.selectedtiems.mail:a table of user’s name which you selected

Office365Outlook.SendEmail:a “send email” action which is included in the ‘office 365 Outlook' connector

3)Then you could have a test. The office365users who has been selected will get a email at once.

Case2: Multiple choice combo box——

2)add a “CONFIRM” button and set the it’s OnSelect property to:

//Why not edit combo box’s OnChange property?

When the combo box’s option has been changed the email will be sent to all the selected users immediately, some previously selected users may get repetitive mails.

3)Then you could have a test. The office365users who has been selected will get an email when you click on the button.

If you still have any question please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Since you use Office365 Users connector and Office365 Outlook connector, I think these two links that may help you a lot:

Office365 Users: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365users/

Office 365 Outlook: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (2,631)