cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
msm8504
Helper I
Helper I

Setting Lookup Fields in D365 for Sales using CDS connector not working now

Hello,

 

I recently built a powerapp connecting to D365 for Sales.  I have a simple app connecting to CDS connector using the Account entity with text fields and 1 custom lookup field.  The lookup field value was getting set correctly when creating a new Account, but since this morning it is not working anymore.  There are no errors when submitting record so I can't figure out why this is happening all of a sudden.  Is MS having issues with certain field types in CDS connector today?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@v-xida-msft 

@Anonymous 

 

It looks like setting lookups is working now without having to use the patch function.  I had a call wtih Microsoft yesterday who said there was a large customer downtime due to a DNS issue.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are having the same issue and have logged a Premier Support ticket to chase a resolution.

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @msm8504 ,

Do you mean that you could not save value to the LookUp column in your Entity using your app?

 

The user @hemantkumar has faced similar issue with you, please check the response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Unable-to-set-the-lookup-field-value-using-Pa...

 

Please consider submit an assisted support ticket for help through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

 

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,


@Anonymous has Microsoft been able to help you on your support ticket?  I'm still having issues using the CDS connector and setting lookup values.

 

@v-xida-msft I don't want to perform a patch operation if I do not have to.  The CDS connector was setting my CRM lookup value without issue 2 days ago by simply just adding my lookup field to my form.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No response yet. However I finished work for the week about 10 minutes after logging the ticket. Hopefully on Monday we get a resolution.

The solution offered doesn’t work for us.

@
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @msm8504 ,

Currently, the issue has been fixed.

 

I have made a test on my side, the Patch function works well with the LookUp field in my CDS Entity. Please consider try your Patch funciton again within your app, check if the issue is solved.

 

If the issue still exists, please consider re-create a new app based on your CDS Entity, try the Patch formula again, check if the issue has been fixed.

 

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

 

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xida-msft 

@Anonymous 

 

It looks like setting lookups is working now without having to use the patch function.  I had a call wtih Microsoft yesterday who said there was a large customer downtime due to a DNS issue.  

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,290)