Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Svenny
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Setting Owner of a Dataverse record to the current user of a PowerApp

Hello,

The requirement is to be able to update the owner of a Dataverse record to be the current user of the PowerApp that is triggering the Power Automate Flow that updates the Dataverse records.

Is there any way to capture the information needed to update the owner field of a Dataverse record to be the current user of a PowerApp? The PowerApp triggers a flow that handles the update of some records in Dataverse. One of the updates is the owner of the records.

I am aware that updating the owner is possible directly through PowerApps: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/working-with-references#update-the-ow...

But I don't know how to translate the current user of a PowerApp to an ownerid for updating the owner of a record.

Is there a simple way to achieve this?

3 REPLIES 3
gowrihalan04
Helper V
Helper V

@Svenny Which trigger you are using? is it Dataverse?

@gowrihalan04 

We are using a PowerApps trigger

gowrihalan04
Helper V
Helper V

@Svenny Can you give more details about your implementation. Are you using canvas app and calling the power automate from canvas app? And your data source is Dataverse? 

I know you might not get current user. But checking if any workaround can be used.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Users online (4,511)