cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonashau

Show multiple fields from related record/entity

Hi all, 

I have two entities: application and application forecast used in a model-driven app. 

I have created a lookup field, to see what application each application forecast relates to. 

Now, in the view of all application forecasts, I would like to be able to see more than only the name field from the related application, e.g. Application ID and vendor. 

Without having to create more lookup fields, which I assume would make it more tedious to create a new application forecast record

I hope someone can help!

Kind regards,

Jonas

related columns 2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @jonashau 

By default, when using the view editor, the list of fields you can place in the columns of the view show just the fields for the current entity. However, above that list of fields is an option to switch to a related entity and select the fields from that entity to add to your columns.

Sorry, I’m not able to provide screenshots just now but I hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @jonashau 

By default, when using the view editor, the list of fields you can place in the columns of the view show just the fields for the current entity. However, above that list of fields is an option to switch to a related entity and select the fields from that entity to add to your columns.

Sorry, I’m not able to provide screenshots just now but I hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,798)