Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aboodhamwi
Helper III
Helper III

Showing Error message of the CDS Plugin in Power Apps

Hi,

I have a plugin that will check upon activating the quote if it requires management approval, now in Power Apps, once the user is trying to activate the quote, I want to show the error message that throws from plugin, the error table doesn't show this message, but if you check the trace of that call you will see the message

Error Table.jpgTrace.jpg

any idea of how i can get that error message and not the generic one

4 REPLIES 4
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aboodhamwi ,

Could you please share a bit more about the CDS plugin that you mentioned?

Do you install the Plugin into your Quotes Entity?

Based on the screenshot that you mentioned, it seems to tell that your app could not retrieve error message from your CDS Entity data source.

Please check if you have exposed proper error message Output when developing your Plugin. You could consider open the "Monitor" Tool in your canvas app to detect where the issue is:

3.JPG

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-monitor-to-debug-apps-and-improve-performance...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xida-msft ,

We have this plugin as part of our Sales APP solution (CRM), and it will throw an error 

throw new Exception(message);

and i want this message to be displayed for the user once he will try to do the Patch and not a generic message.

The scenario for us, the sales user will try to active a quote, in the server as a plugin the system will check if it's require approval and then it will prevent the user from activating in case it does, we are using this plugin more than 3 years, so do i need to write the logic of checking in PowerApps, or i can get it work

Hi aboodhamwi,

Did you get any solution about this? now I use temporary solution. I change the patch function with form component, and then on select button, I put SubmitForm() function to change the patch function. on submit failure, we'll get the plugin error message. But I'm still curious, it it possible to get plugin error message while we're submitting data using patch function.

Regards,

Audrey

HI @audreyamelia,

unfortunately, the issue was not resolved, thanks for the workaround, i will check it

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (1,354)