Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyH_JSY
Helper II
Helper II

Slow CDS Entity Creation

Hi All! 

I have setup some Entities in PowerApps CDS that get their data from Excel Tables. 

I have one with nearly 2000 rows that imported in roughly 30 mins. 

I have only table with 2 rows and 15ish columns. I have left it nearly 2 hours and it is still stuck on the 'Waiting for load in CDS to complete' screen. New browsers and cached cleared to no avail

My environment is in EU West. Attached is a screenshot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @AndyH_JSY,

An error probably occurred. Here are a few things to try to investigate:

1. Does that entity trigger any plugins? You can see errors in the plugin trace logs (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/logging-tracing)
  2. Do some records get created? If so, does it always fail at the same one? You can check via Advanced Find or the sitemap (left menu) if you added the entity there.
  3. Are you running the Dataflow as system admin? Meaning you have the "system administrator" security role assigned. Might be a privilege issue.
  4. Cancel Dataflow job and restart

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @AndyH_JSY,

An error probably occurred. Here are a few things to try to investigate:

1. Does that entity trigger any plugins? You can see errors in the plugin trace logs (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/logging-tracing)
  2. Do some records get created? If so, does it always fail at the same one? You can check via Advanced Find or the sitemap (left menu) if you added the entity there.
  3. Are you running the Dataflow as system admin? Meaning you have the "system administrator" security role assigned. Might be a privilege issue.
  4. Cancel Dataflow job and restart

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Hi @EricRegnier!

Thanks for your feedback!

I had a look at the Dataflows and it appears they were creating a large number of duplicates. 

If I create an entity and add the fields, then import the data via the 'New Dataflow', then it is successful! I will avoid the Get Data button now!

Thanks for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (58,650)