cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joerg71

Software Development for Clients: Migrating Dataverse between two Organisations (Developer Organisation to Client Organisation) / MS-Access

Hello all,

I'm developing an MS-Access Database for a client. We are in different organizations.

I'm developing it local (accdb).

The next step in development will be to migrate the tables from local MS-Access to Dataverse. I want to test this by migrating to the Dataverse of our organization.

Is it possible after testing and doing modifications to migrate the data from the Dataverse of our organisation to the Dataverse of the clients organisation? In other words: Is it possible to copy the data from the Dataverse of one organization to the Dataverse of another organisation?

If this procedure is not the right one: Maybe it's better to migrate the data directly to the Dataverse of my client? How could I do that? Can the client share his dataverse to me, even though i am not part of his organization?

My client and me, we are both small organisations. We need to find a practical way.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Best regards

Jorg

2 REPLIES 2
SBax
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You could use a Dataflow for both purposes

Dataflow one from MS Access to your dev environment

Dataflow two from your environment to the customer environment 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/dataflows/overview-dataflows-across-power-platform-dyna...

AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

Hello, @Joerg71 , You can use the tenant-to-tenant migration feature to request an environment in one tenant be moved* to another tenant. It something Microsoft will do for you for free if you have proper licensing and you will just need to submit a support request to initiate tenant-to-tenant migration.

For more information about this read this documentation 

Regards,
Ahmed
If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider a 👍 & Accepting it as the Solution to help other members of the community find it more.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (2,573)