Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slalithp
Helper I
Helper I

Storage Capacity

87341i030fu61.png

What and from where do I get this storage capacity from? Is 1 GB the default environment dataverse capacity? I have just created few environments with few canvas applications. Why is the data getting filled up when I do not use any files in my application? I use Excel and SQL server as my datasources, what exactly is happening? I have deleted the environments and applications except default environment but I still see the Storage is full and cannot create a new environment. how can I create a new environment again?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @slalithp,

When you create an environment, it reserves 1GB of storage capacity regardless if it is using less.

More informatiom in environments and storage capacity is provided here.

Note: there is typically a delay in the storage capacity reports so may need to wait a bit until any storage you free up is reflected. 

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

dpoggemann
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @slalithp ,

It looks like you might be in a trial tenant with the allocations but maybe not.

If you purchase a single "Power Apps Per User" license you will be granted 10GB of storage in your tenant.  This is always a first recommendation for my customers to get that storage allotment in the dataverse.  The list price for this is $40 per user / month.  You will also get allocations for every user that is added to the environment for either Power Apps Per User or Power Apps Per App licenses but these allocations are different.

A great detailed guide is here.  

General table from this guide is below

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 7.10.23 PM.png

As you can see you get 250 MB of database capacity for each additional Power Apps Per User plan and 50 MB for each Power Apps Per App plan.

Hope this helps!  Please accept if answers your question or Like if helped in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @slalithp,

When you create an environment, it reserves 1GB of storage capacity regardless if it is using less.

More informatiom in environments and storage capacity is provided here.

Note: there is typically a delay in the storage capacity reports so may need to wait a bit until any storage you free up is reflected. 

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

dpoggemann
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @slalithp ,

It looks like you might be in a trial tenant with the allocations but maybe not.

If you purchase a single "Power Apps Per User" license you will be granted 10GB of storage in your tenant.  This is always a first recommendation for my customers to get that storage allotment in the dataverse.  The list price for this is $40 per user / month.  You will also get allocations for every user that is added to the environment for either Power Apps Per User or Power Apps Per App licenses but these allocations are different.

A great detailed guide is here.  

General table from this guide is below

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 7.10.23 PM.png

As you can see you get 250 MB of database capacity for each additional Power Apps Per User plan and 50 MB for each Power Apps Per App plan.

Hope this helps!  Please accept if answers your question or Like if helped in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

slalithp
Helper I
Helper I

guys, thanks a lot I wish I could accept both of them as answers, but the forums doesn't allow me to do it. thank you so much though! really helped a lot.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (17,450)