Adding and moving people is a pretty tedious thing to do and I'd like to streamline the process to make it easier and quicker.
Right now, I need ensure that the following gets done so someone can access my solution
- Add the user to the Environment Security Group
- Add the user in the proper Business Unit
- Give them the proper Security Role
- Share the app
- Repeat for every user
I'd like to know if the process could look like this instead
- Create a Security Group related to the solution I'm developing
- Add the Security Group (containing the users of a specific application) in the Environment Security Group (container to be able to access the Environment)
- Add the solution Security Group to the proper Business Unit and give it the proper Security Role
- Share the app with the solution Security Group
That way, I would only have to add the desired users in 1 Security Group and they would inherit access to the environment, business unit and security role rights.
Is this approach technically possible or is there another way to simplify the process that I'm not seeing?
Learn how to create your own user groups today!
Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!
Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.