cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Santo992
Frequent Visitor

TDS Endpoint, SELECT query doesn't return correct results

Hi all,

since yesterday I'm having a problem with TDS "connection" to Dataverse. I know this functionality is still in a preview and shouldn't be used in production but I'm just wondering if someone else has the same issue.

So, the problem occurs when I run simple SELECT query with one WHERE condition. First time I run query I get 0 records and second time I run the same query I get 1 record as it should be.

Query is very simple:

SELECT *
FROM entity
WHERE entityid = 'xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

any ideas?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vikasp
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi, Sorry for the delayed response on this issue.
We've fixed this issue and is now rolling it out to all the Geo's. The fix is currently available across most of the Geo's and will be deployed to EMEA during the weekend of 3/19 and NAM during the weekend of 3/26.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Santo992 :

I've made a test and encountered the same problem you mentioned.

This problem will only occur during the first Execute.

Because this is a preview function, there may not be a good solution at present.The only solution I can think of at the moment is to create a support ticket.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Bof

dpoggemann
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Santo992 ,

This is a shot in the dark, but can you try selecting specific columns vs. * to see if it works successfully when targeted at specific columns on the query?

Thanks much,

Drew

Hi @dpoggemann ,

the original query is written without * and the problem still occurs. Just in case I've just executed query with only one column in select and the problem is still here.

Every time I execute query for the first time I'll get 0 records, but second time I'll get correct results. If I have 2 queries with different WHERE condition and I execute them in turns I'll always get 0 records.

For example:

Query 1: 0

Query 2: 0

Query 2: 1

Query 1: 1

Josip

I also observed this behaviour starting from yesterday. Sometimes my query would return as expected, other times it would return 0 records (but with the expected columns)

EnterTheDragon

We too are having the same issue with TDS endpoint. Some times it returns records and sometimes 0.
Looking for some solution to it else would need to use DataExportService or Web Api

EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Santo992, @EnterTheDragon, as @v-bofeng-msft mentioned I would create a Microsoft support ticket at: https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support. Keep us posted of the resolution! Cheers 

My quick fix is to run query one more time if the first result count is 0. This way I can still use TDS in my application but the downside is that everything is called twice.

vikasp
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi, Sorry for the delayed response on this issue.
We've fixed this issue and is now rolling it out to all the Geo's. The fix is currently available across most of the Geo's and will be deployed to EMEA during the weekend of 3/19 and NAM during the weekend of 3/26.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (45,272)