Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lilywhite63
Helper II
Helper II

Tab Index

Hi All

I know there have already been some questions regarding this topic but I haven't seen any resolutions yet, so am enquiring whether anyone has come across a fix.

I am using PowerApps with a DataVerse data source; I have created a table with a number of fields. Even though I added these fields in a certain order, DataVerse always stores them alpha\numerically - which is OK. However.....

1. Even when I insert a form, set it to 1 column, add the fields with no movement up or down (i.e. I do not alter the location), the tab indexing works but only to a point and still jumps to a date field (lower down) and and them resumes correctly.

2. If I change the columns to 2 and 3 the same thing happens but with two date fields

3. However,  when altering the field locations up or down and leaving the column setting to 3, the tab index becomes "corrupted" and jumps erratically all over the place - literally from top to bottom and back again! I have looked up the Y criteria for the datacards; on the first 5 rows and they are all showing correctly, i.e., the first row show 0, second 1 and so on until row 5, but the system still jumps from the a datacard on the first row, to one on the fifth row, then to sixth and so on.  All datacards are set to 0 for the tab index.

This is such a very basic requirement in form creation which isn't working so I'm wondering whether I've missed something. 

If there is no solution - is the only other option to create a form from scratch and use the Patch function?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lilywhite63 ,

Why you check the Y axis of the Data Cards? Tab sequences will always rely on the Tab index values of the controls themselves. Date pickers will be a little different since there will be two ways to input: typing in or selecting from the calendar so you have to tab two times to go to the next control. So if you would like to make it to work, you could set Tab index values of all those controls to a same number i.e. 1.  In addition, if you will have a specific sequence for those controls, you can set ascending numbers so that uses will tab upon the controls follow the numbers.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

Hi

Thank you for your reply. The reason I was looking at the Y axis is because I had read something on the internet and because my system didn't appear to work I was trying a number of different things. I actually deleted the whole screen and started again using a slightly different (less complicated) design and it is now working. 

Thank you. Julia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lilywhite63 ,

Why you check the Y axis of the Data Cards? Tab sequences will always rely on the Tab index values of the controls themselves. Date pickers will be a little different since there will be two ways to input: typing in or selecting from the calendar so you have to tab two times to go to the next control. So if you would like to make it to work, you could set Tab index values of all those controls to a same number i.e. 1.  In addition, if you will have a specific sequence for those controls, you can set ascending numbers so that uses will tab upon the controls follow the numbers.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hi

Thank you for your reply. The reason I was looking at the Y axis is because I had read something on the internet and because my system didn't appear to work I was trying a number of different things. I actually deleted the whole screen and started again using a slightly different (less complicated) design and it is now working. 

Thank you. Julia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,890)