cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dennisb88
Resolver III
Resolver III

There are missing dependencies. Install the following solutions before installing this one: "Active".

Hi all,

I have an issue with exporting/importing my solutions.

When I try to import my solution, I get the error: 

"There are missing dependencies. Install the following solutions before installing this one: "Active". "

By trying to export/import 'solution 2' I get the above error.

When I take a look into the log file, it looks like the dependencies are related to the user table.

I'm developing two different apps. I do this in two different solutions. Inside both solutions, I'm using the "user" table that is a default table inside my environment.

If i'm understanding the error correct, It's required to add all the related tables from solution 1 into solution 2 and viceversa?

I try to visualize my situation in below overview:

dennisb88_0-1630936494994.png

Error code that I recieved when I try to publish my app into another environment:

[{"SolutionValidationResultType":"Error","Message":"The following solution cannot be imported: Planbord. Some dependencies are missing. The missing dependencies are : <MissingDependencies><MissingDependency><Required type=\"1\" schemaName=\"Managers\" displayName=\"Managers\" solution=\"Active\" /><Dependent type=\"1\" schemaName=\"systemuser\" displayName=\"Gebruiker\" /></MissingDependency></MissingDependencies> , ProductUpdatesOnly : False","ErrorCode":-2147188707,"AdditionalInfo":null}]

Is it a better Idea to make another environment for App 2/solution 2?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHarper
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @dennisb88 

You could have the apps in seperate environments both accessing the default User table in the respective environments and that would remove the dependency

What I meant was that in that situation, each app is using a seperate instance of the User table containing seperate data, therefore the exact same data/table cannot be shared

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisHarper
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @dennisb88 

The User table has a relationship to both your your solutions.  Consequently, if you don't add it to solution 1 you will have a missing dependency.  If you do add it to solution 1 you will also have a missing dependency as the Manager table has a relationship to the User table

Putting one app in a seperate environment won't work as both apps require access to the User table which can only exist in one environment.  Your best option is to combine the two solutions into one so all dependencies are satisfied and then control who has access to the two apps through Security Groups

rampprakash
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @dennisb88,

Can you please share me the file which got failed while importing.

Please mark as Answer if it is helpful and provide Kudos

Blog : https://microsoftcrmtechie.blogspot.com
Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnGNN3hdlKBOr6PXotskNLA

Hi @ChrisHarper ,

Thank you for your reply.

You say: "Putting one app in a separate environment won't work as both apps require access to the User table which can only exist in one environment. "

Why is this? The user table is a default table. I was under the assumption that you can't have dependencies between environments. 

ChrisHarper
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @dennisb88 

You could have the apps in seperate environments both accessing the default User table in the respective environments and that would remove the dependency

What I meant was that in that situation, each app is using a seperate instance of the User table containing seperate data, therefore the exact same data/table cannot be shared

View solution in original post

Hi @ChrisHarper ,

Thanks a lot for your answer! That was the answer what I expected.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,855)