cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
P_SA
Helper V
Helper V

There are missing dependencies. Install the following solutions before installing this one: "Dynamics365Company (2.0.777.68)", "Active"

Hello , I have exported a solution as Mananged , it contains 1 x Canvas App , 6 x CDS entities . While trying to import it to a Prod env, I am getting this error.
There are missing dependencies. Install the following solutions before installing this one: "Dynamics365Company (2.0.777.68)", "Active"

Can anyone help here please ? thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @P_SA,

It seems like your Prod environment is missing some other solutions. Can you compare the managed solutions installed in Prod versus the managed solutions installed in Dev? If Dev has extra ones you can either uninstall from Dev if not required or installed in Prod.

Also, before exporting your solution, make sure you only included the sub-component level changes for any out-of-the-box entities (e.g. Contacts). For custom entities, you can include all.

Hope this helps!

Hi @EricRegnier  thanks for the information. Yes I have dual write core installed in dev .  My data is bi-directional 
From F&O<=> CDS.
Is there a way to bind the dual write core package in a solution and move it to  prod ?  If YES can you please guide me?

thanks a bunch

I don't believe there is - you will need to create a similar connection in production (as clearly your production F&O environment shouldn't be connected to your CDS dev environment) or remove it from Dev.

If you then have problems I believe the new solution import process at make.powerapps.com still isn't 100% correct so I've documented how to get to the old solution import routine at https://processpower.dev/how-to-install-a-powerapp-solution-when-the-active-solution-is-missing/ which may help you identify what is missing.

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

Can you install that same solution in Prod? You can get it here: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/dynamics-365/mscrm.msft-d365-dual-write?tab=Overview

I get this error message now.

P_SA_0-1601453440017.png

You have lots of solutions missing. Is your Prod environment a Dynamics 365 (D365) or CDS environment? And is your Dev environment a D365 or CDS? It seems like Prod is expecting to be D365.

Your Dev and Production environments need to have the same D365 products contained within them.

What does your Dev and production environment have installed on them as that error message lists all the main D365 products (Sales, Customer Service, Field Service...) as being installed on your Dev environment yet none of them look to be installed on your production environment.

Or as Eric is saying - it seems your Dev environment is a D365 environment and your Production environment is a CDS one.

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".
MuhannedNidal
Frequent Visitor

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (2,091)